Trail Running, XTERRA Triathlon, Cycling, and Adventure Racing in Northern Virginia and Maryland
Why Race With EX2?
It can be hard to find time for yourself. We’ve got to contend with endless traffic, constant work obligations, our kids after school activities…and don’t forget to work in that date night. But, somehow, you find the time to run, to bike, to get out and stay active and it feels great and you want more. So you race. You may be a doctor, or a barista, or a rocket scientist turned stay-at-home mom, but on race day – you’re all just athletes pushing yourself harder than you could on your own. You shed everything except your determination and you just go. And it’s fun, and for the first time in a long time, everyone is cheering for YOU.
And when it’s over, you feel great – alive and reinvigorated, with new friends, and a sense of accomplishment that only comes from really challenging yourself. This is the result, the feeling, the reason you race. You need this for your body, mind, and soul.
This is an excellent experience and this is what EX2 Adventures offers you.
Anatomy of an Excellent Experience
- Unique Vibe – We run a tight ship. EX2 events are professionally operated, yet friendly, fun, and laid back – a unique vibe!
- YOU ARE WELCOME – everyone is welcome at EX2 events, from beginner to professional, junior to grandma – the EX2 community is the opposite of intimidating!
- Trust – we are headed into our 21st year and have successfully produced over 300 races. Most racers learn about EX2 by word of mouth. That says a lot.
- Course Design – we design courses that are fun and challenging, but doable. If it doesn’t hurt a little, then it’s not challenging enough.
- Consistently Smooth – parking, check-in, aid stations, emergency response, post-race food, awards ceremony – our operations are consistently smooth, like butter!
- Staying Informed – we use every way possible to keep you informed…updated website, pre-race emails, newsletters, social media posts, photos, etc. We never want anyone to feel left in the dark.
- Fair – EX2 has very liberal, industry leading, and racer-friendly policies. Being fair – we just think that’s the right thing to do.
- T-shirts – you don’t race just for the t-shirt but it’s a bonus when you get a nice one. You will receive a high-quality tri-blend t-shirt at all of our events. Why not tech tees? Well, because these tees look and feel so good that you’ll want you to wear it around town, not just while working out.
- Plentiful Post-Race Food – includes good stuff like breakfast burritos, pizza, bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, watermelon, trail bars, yogurt, hummus, veggies, crackers, cookies, chips, pretzels, coffee, soft drinks, water, Gatorade, and our famous cups of M&Ms. All are welcome to partake – racers, volunteers, kids, the pizza guy, etc.
- Awesome Giveaways – our generous sponsors provide us with the means to randomly give away awesome swag – EX2 swag, benjamins ($100 bills), Washington Nationals tickets, outdoor gear, gift certificates, etc. And, we give that stuff away in a really fun way…come to an EX2 awards ceremony, you’ll see!
- Awards are for Accomplishment – we spread the wealth by going 5 deep in each class/age group. That means more people on the podium – sweet! We do not give away cash prizes because we believe that earning an award should be a measure of accomplishment, not a paycheck. Cash prizes attract cutthroat competition, 1st-5th place EX2 pint glasses attract healthy competition – and the latter is what EX2 is all about.
- Accurate and Timely Results – we take this seriously because we understand that your result is a measure of your achievement, and this is one of the main reasons you race. So, you can expect to see your results posted on-site on race day and on our website within 24 hours of the race.
- Incredible Volunteers – They arrive before sunrise, ready to make it happen and make your day. They show you where to park, they check you in, they keep you on track, they water you, they feed you, they cheer for you, they look out for you – they are EX2 volunteers and they’re a huge and crucial part of the EX2 community – and we love ‘em.
- Remarkable Staff – the EX2 staff are professional, friendly, energetic, knowledgeable, and fun. For EX2 staff, race day is game day and it’s time to rock and roll. We love this stuff!
Spring Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rosaryville Half Marathon/10K
Rails to River MTB Race
Fountainhead Half Marathon/10K
Loudoun 1725 Gravel Grinder
Blue Crab Bolt 5K/10K
XTERRA EX2 Tri/Du
Cranky Monkey MTB Race
Fall Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rocky Gap 25K-50K-Relay
VentureQuest Adventure Race
Schaeffer Half Marathon/10M