Little Bennett Course Description
This race is both in-person and virtual. Little Bennett Regional Park in Montgomery County, MD is a 3600 acre wooded playground filled with over 20 miles of trails, picturesque streams, and plenty of camping. Bring the family and camp or make the easy trek on race day to this convenient park, located off Interstate 270 only 30 miles West of D.C. The races courses at Little Bennett follow twisty and fun single-track hiking trails. There’s also challenging hills and plenty of stream-side running. You will not be disappointed with these awesome courses and beautiful park setting!
Race Date: Saturday August 7, 2021 + Virtual
Course Length: 5K OR 10K
Simply complete your race distance any time between August 6th and 8th and then enter your time. We’ll mail you your race t-shirt and invite you to the post-race awards ceremony where we celebrate both the in-person and virtual events!
$40 – Early (3 months+ out)
$42.50 – Regular (1-3 months out)
$47.50 – Late (1 month to race day)
$45 – Early (3 months+ out)
$50 – Regular (1-3 months out)
$55 – Late (1 month to race day)
Registration Fee Includes
Fun and challenging course design, professional race operations, FREE professional race pictures, wonderful volunteer support, awesome aid stations, medical support, plentiful post-race food (breakfast burritos and other tasty treats – yum!), electric atmosphere, great music, awards and give-a-ways, and a race t-shirt you’ll love.
Race Day Schedule
Saturday August 7, 2021
- 6:45am – check-in and bib pick-up opens
- 8:00am – 10K wave 1 start*
- 8:05am – 10K wave 2 start*
- 8:15am – 5K start
- 9:30am – awards ceremony
* Waves are assigned by pace. Generally, sub-11 minute/mile are in wave 1. Wave assignment will be sent out no later than 5 days before the race.
Backyard Burn at Laurel Hill
Little Bennett Regional Park
(Start located near golf course)
25900 Prescott Road
Clarksburg, MD 20871
From Interstate 270:
- From I270, take Exit 22 – Route 109 toward Hyattstown (North).
- Take a LEFT at the light onto Route 355 North.
- Turn RIGHT onto Route 75.
- Turn RIGHT onto Lewisdale Rd.
- Turn RIGHT onto Prescott Road and drive toward the golf course.
- At the entrance to the golf course parking, continue going straight and follow the gravel road to parking in a grassy field. (follow the race parking signs).
- Park and follow the signs to check-in.
- Portable music players or any device requiring earphones are not permitted.
- Outside assistance is only permitted within 50 meters of an aid station.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and must be visible at all times.
- There are no cut-off times.
- Pets and pacers are not allowed on the course.
- Baby strollers are not permitted on the course.
- Respect other racers, volunteers, race staff, and the environment. No littering.
- Poor sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Racers must notify race officials if they drop out of the race.
- Stay on designated trails.