Schaeffer Farms Course Description
The flowy, fast, and fun trails at Schaeffer Farms are wonderfully maintained and offer twisty single-track, stream crossings, log ramps, a few hills, and open farm field running. Moderately technical with some rocky and rooty sections, these race courses begin and end at the beautiful Button Farm Living History Center off Black Rock Road.
Race Date: Saturday July 22, 2023
Course Length: 5K or 10K+ (about 6.7 miles)
$40 – Early (by 1/1)
$42.50 – Early (by 4/22)
$47.50 – Regular (by 6/22)
$50 – Late (by 7/21)
$55 – Race day
$45 – Early (by 1/1)
$50 – Early (by 4/22)
$55 – Regular (by 6/22)
$60 – Late (by 7/21)
$65 – Race day
Registration Fee Includes
Fun and challenging course design, professional race operations, FREE race pictures, wonderful volunteer support, awesome aid stations, medical support, plentiful post-race food (breakfast burritos and other tasty treats – yum!), electric atmosphere, great music, awards and give-a-ways, and a race t-shirt you’ll love.
Race Day Schedule
Saturday July 22, 2023
- 6:30am – Check-in and bib pick-up opens
- 8:00am – 10K race starts
- 8:15am – 5K race starts
- 8:30am – Post-race food available
- 9:30am – Free kid’s race *
- 9:45am – Awards ceremony
* No pre-registration required. We group kiddos by age and do a short out and back run for treasure.
Backyard Burn at Laurel Hill
Button Farm Living History Center
(Staging Area – RACE DAY ONLY)
16820 Black Rock Road
Germantown, MD 20874
From Interstate 270:
- Exit 15A-B MD-118 S toward Germantown. Follow for approx. 3.9 miles.
- Turn RIGHT onto Black Rock Road and follow for approx. 1.3 miles.
- Turn RIGHT into the Button Farm Living History Center.
- Follow the signs to the huge fields behind the farmhouse. This is a working farm with roaming animals, especially around the farmhouse. So, please drive SLOWLY at all times on the farm.
- Portable music players or any device requiring earphones are not permitted.
- Outside assistance is only permitted within 50 meters of an aid station.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and must be visible at all times.
- There are no cut-off times.
- Pets and pacers are not allowed on the course.
- Baby strollers are not permitted on the course.
- Respect other racers, volunteers, race staff, and the environment. No littering.
- Poor sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Racers must notify race officials if they drop out of the race.
- Stay on designated trails.
Male and Female - 19-under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79
Spring Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rosaryville Half Marathon/10K
Rails to River MTB Race
Fountainhead Half Marathon/10K
Loudoun 1725 Gravel Grinder
Blue Crab Bolt 5K/10K
XTERRA EX2 Tri/Du
Cranky Monkey MTB Race
Fall Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rocky Gap 25K-50K-Relay
VentureQuest Adventure Race
Schaeffer Half Marathon/10M