Schaeffer Course Descriptions
Schaeffer Farms has some of the best singletrack around and we stage the race at the beautiful private Button Farm. You are going to LOVE this race venue and course!! This course is known for it’s twisty singletrack and wide-open farm field running. Schaeffer is located in Germantown, MD and is an easy drive from anywhere around the DMV on race morning.
Race Date: Saturday September 17, 2022
Course Length: 13.3 miles (HM+) and 6.7 miles (10K++)
$70 – New Year (through 1/1)
$75 – Early (by 6/17)
$80 – Regular (by 8/17)
$85 – Late (by 9/16)
$90 – Race day (if available)
$45 – New Year (through 1/1)
$50 – Early (by 6/17)
$55 – Regular (by 8/17)
$60 – Late (by 9/16)
$65 – Race day (if available)
Registration Fee Includes
Fun and challenging course design, awesome finisher medal, professional race operations, wonderful volunteer support, well-stocked aid stations, medical support, plentiful post-race food (breakfast burritos and other tasty treats – yum!), electric atmosphere, great music, awards and give-a-ways, and a race t-shirt you’ll love.
Race Day Schedule
6:45 – Check-in opens
7:35 – Half marathon pre-race brief
7:45 – Half marathon starts
8:50 10K pre-race brief
9:00 – 10K race starts
10:00 – Post-race food available
10:30 – FREE kids race**
10:45 – Awards (top 5 in each category) and sponsor give-a-ways
** Kids race is for ages 2-11. We split into age groups and run short out and back ‘race’. Kids who participate can pick from the Treasure Box.
Backyard Burn at Laurel Hill
Lorton, VA 22079
Button Farm Living History Center
(Staging Area – RACE DAY ONLY)
16820 Black Rock Road
Germantown, MD 20874
From Interstate 270:
- Exit 15B Rt. 118 West. Follow for approx. 3.7 miles.
- Turn RIGHT onto Black Rock Road and follow for approx. 1.3 miles.
- Turn RIGHT into the Button Farm Living History Center.
- Follow the signs to the huge fields behind the farmhouse. This is a working farm with roaming animals, especially around the farmhouse. So, please drive SLOWLY at all times on the farm.
- Portable music players or any device requiring in-ear headphones are not permitted.
- Outside assistance is only permitted within 50 meters of an aid station.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and must be visible at all times.
- Half marathon racers must maintain a minimum pace that will allow for a 4 hour maximum finish.
- Pets and Pacers are not allowed on the course.
- Baby strollers are not permitted on the course.
- Respect other racers, volunteers, race staff, and the environment. No littering.
- Poor sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Racers must notify race officials if they drop out of the race.
- Stay on designated trails.
Spring Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rosaryville Half Marathon/10K
Rails to River XC
Fountainhead Half Marathon/10K
Loudoun 1725 Gravel Grinder
Blue Crab Bolt 5K/10K
XTERRA EX2 Tri/Du
Fall Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rocky Gap 25K-50K-Relay
VentureQuest Adventure Race
Schaeffer Half Marathon/10M