Wakefield Course Description
Located a stones throw from the Capital Beltway, Wakefield Park offers racers a fast and super fun course that includes twisty singletrack hiking trails, wide doubletrack trails, a little pavement, and several shallow stream crossings – a perfect course to kick-off the SBYB series.
Race Date: Sunday March 5, 2023
Course Length: 5.5 miles (1 lap) OR 9.9 miles (2 laps)
Elevation Gain: 250 feet OR 500 feet
Race Day Information Sent to Racers
$42.50 – New year by 1/1/223
$47.50 – Early by 2/2/23
$52.50 – Regular by 2/15/23
$55 – Late by 3/4/23
$60 – Race day (if not sold out)
$47.50 – New year by 1/1/223
$52.50 – Early by 2/2/23
$57.50 – Regular by 2/15/23
$60 – Late by 3/4/23
$65 – Race day (if not sold out)
Registration Fee Includes
Fun and challenging course design, professional race operations, wonderful volunteer support, awesome aid stations, medical support, plentiful post-race food (breakfast burritos and other tasty treats – yum!), electric atmosphere, great music, awards and give-a-ways, and a race t-shirt you’ll love.
Race Day Schedule
7:30 – Check-in opens
8:50 – Pre-race brief
9:00 – Race starts
9:30 – Post-race food available
10:30 – FREE Kids Race*
10:45 – Awards (top 5 in each category) and sponsor give-a-ways
* Kids race is for ages 2-11. We split into age groups and run a short out and back ‘race’. Kids who participate can pick from the Treasure Box.
Backyard Burn at Laurel Hill
8100 Braddock Rd.
Annandale, VA 22003
From Interstate 495:
- From Interstate 495, take the Braddock Road exit going West.
- Wakefield Park entrance is located less than ½ mile from the 495 exit.
- Take a right into the park and follow the signs to race parking and check-in.
- Portable music players or any device requiring in-ear headphones are not permitted.
- Outside assistance is only permitted within 50 meters of an aid station.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and must be visible at all times.
- There are no cut-off times.
- Pets and pacers are not allowed on the course.
- Baby strollers are not permitted on the course.
- Respect other racers, volunteers, race staff, and the environment. No littering.
- Poor sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
- Racers must notify race officials if they drop out of the race.
- Stay on designated trails.
Male and Female - 19-under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Spring Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rosaryville Half Marathon/10K
Rails to River MTB Race
Fountainhead Half Marathon/10K
Loudoun 1725 Gravel Grinder
Blue Crab Bolt 5K/10K
XTERRA EX2 Tri/Du
Cranky Monkey MTB Race
Fall Backyard Burn 5M/10M
Rocky Gap 25K-50K-Relay
VentureQuest Adventure Race
Schaeffer Half Marathon/10M